The ENEN-RU project was launched in 2011 with the objectives:
- to define a common basis to allow effective cooperation between the European and Russian networks for nuclear E&T;
- to define the needs of cooperation in the long term;
- to establish a framework for mobility of teachers and students;
- to conduct some pilot items for Education and Training (E&T);
- to launch the knowledge management framework; and
- to list up and promote further use of E&T facilities, laboratories and equipments.
The ENEN-RU project is coordinated by the ENEN on the EU side and the State Atomic Energy Corporation "ROSATOM" on the Russian side. Each EU and Russian side is supported by the European Commission and the ROSATOM, having its own list of partners and budget. 8 EU organisations and 4 third parties on the EU side and 5 Russian organisations are participating in the project.
Under the ENEN-RU the following 7 Work Packages are established:
- WP1: Bologna process and ECTS in Russia
- WP2: Needs for long-term Cooperation
- WP3: Pilot items for Education
- WP4: Pilot items for Training
- WP5: E&T facilities, laboraroties and equipments
- WP6: Knowledge dissemination
- WP7: Project Management
As a pilot E&T course for WP3/WP4, A training course titled "Engineering aspects of nuclear fuel manufacturing - from initial raw materials to fuel assemblies" took place in Obninsk, Russia, 20-26 May 2012, hosted by Central Institute for Continuing Education and Training(CICET). Based on the participation in this course, the student will receive ECTS. From the ENEN-Ru project, 8 participants attended from Italy, Romania and Slovakia.
For further information,
> ROSATOM Website news
> CICET Website news
> Cooperation beyond EU (FP7) page
> ENEN-RU (FP7) page