The general objective is to provide participants with an up-to-date, basic knowledge on the sixconcepts selected for the 4th generation of nuclear systems (SFR, LFR, GFR, VHTR, SCWR, MSR).
Gen4 Course 2017 Flyer.pdf
Professionals, researchers and students with an interest in a global view of on the 4th generation of nuclear reactors.
The Generation IV International Forum (GIF) and 4th generation systems
• General context, evaluation criteria, the six concepts selected
• Increased performance for energy conversion: innovative cycles
• Materials issues and development of advanced components
• Safety aspects of 4th generation reactor concepts Sodium-cooled Fast reactors (SFR)
• Principles, past and existing reactors, and background knowledge
• SFR core design, performance and safety
• The choice of sodium coolant: impact on design and operation
• The ASTRID prototype reactor High Temperature and Very High Temperature Reactors (HTR and VHTR)
• Historical development of HTRs
• HTR core physics Gas-cooled Fast Reactors (GFR)
• GFR core and system design, preliminary safety evaluation
• The ALLEGRO demonstration reactor Lead-cooled Fast Reactors (LFR)
• Status of LFR development Supercritical Water Reactors (SCWR)
• SCWR principles, characteristics and challenges Molten Salt Reactors (MSR)
• Physics of MSR in the thorium fuel cycle Fuel cycle of 4th generation systems
• Closed nuclear fuel cycle and transmutation
GENERAL INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
The course will be held at the National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology, located at the CEA-Saclay site (20 km south of Paris), in the frame of the European Nuclear Energy Network (ENEN).
The number of participants is limited to 20.
Course fee includes lectures, documentation, lunches and coffee breaks.
Full rate: €2100
Student rate: €1470
Programme manager: email@example.com
Course organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org