International Student Competition - IAEA
Released on Monday 13 November 2017
Meeting Challenges To Ensure The Future Nuclear Workforce Capability
3rd International Conference On Human Resource Development For Nuclear Power Programmes
One of the challenges of the human resources lifecycle in the nuclear field is attracting and recruiting talented individuals. To foster the younger generation’s interest in nuclear science and technology, the IAEA is holding an international student competition held in conjunction with the Third International Conference on Human Resource Development for Nuclear Power Programmes.
Students (aged 14-18 and currently enrolled in secondary schools) are invited to promote discussion and raise awareness on the current or future impacts and applications of nuclear science and technology in our lives.
The students who design and implement the most innovative projects will be eligible for a trip to the Republic of Korea, to present at the conference, visit local schools and institutions, and attend cultural events.
Competition Guidelines and Submission form can be found here:
* 1 December 2017: Participants submit abstracts
* 20 December 2017: The IAEA notifies shortlisted participants
* 2 March 2018: Shortlisted participants submit videos of the project implementation
* 26 March 2018: The IAEA notifies finalists
* 29/30 May 2018: Finalist projects are presented at the conference and the winning team is announced
* 1 June 2018: Finalist projects are available on IAEA social media