Post-Fukushima European Japanese Exchange Project
in Nuclear Education and Training
This project receives funding from
the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency of the European Commission
ICI Education Cooperation in Higher Education and Training Programme
The Post-Fukushima European Japanese Exchange Project in Nuclear Education and Training (EUJEP 2) is aiming to enhance the quality of Nuclear higher education and training by stimulating exchanges and internships at Master level between higher education and training institutions from EU and from Japan. The project includes the mutual exchange of 20 students, 8 EU faculty members and 18 Japanese faculty members.
EUJEP 2 will promote bilateral study/training programmes and internship mobility based on mutual recognition of periods of study and awarded credits and of existing E&T programmes in nuclear disciplines. It will support the mobility of professionals (teaching and administrative staff) with a view to improving mutual understanding of, and expertise in Nuclear E&T issues relevant to Nuclear Safety, Safety Culture and Management of Nuclear Installations after the Fukushima accident. EUJEP 2 will improve current practice to prepare students for work in an international context and it will set up a framework for student mobility with full recognition of the study/training period abroad. In the long term, the impact of this young generation is expected to benefit to the safe design, construction and operation of nuclear power plants and to the implementation of nuclear and radiation technologies with respect to their sustainability, their reliability and their safety aspects.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates interested in EUJEP-2 internships should communicate its interest immediately to their corresponding Professor and have the following form sent to firstname.lastname@example.org :
EUJEP-2 participation Application Form.doc
From EU to Japan:
Master Students of the EUJEP EU partners are entitled to apply for this project.
Please contact email@example.com for further details.
From Japan to EU:
Master or PhD Students of the EUJEP Japanese partners are entitiled to apply for this project.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
features of the EUJEP-2 Project
- ENEN and TokyoTech are the lead institutions on both sides,
- ENEN will act as a hub for sending and receiving students to and from its ENEN members.
- The duration of the project is 3 years starting from 2014, involving four exchange periods starting in:
- 1st: Spring 2015 (2015/3-2015/09);
- 2nd: Autumn 2015 (2015/10-2016/2);
- 3rd: Spring 2016 (2016/3-2016/09);
- 4th: Autumn 2016 (2016/10-2017/02);
- the preliminary distribution of exchanges for sending the 20 European students to Japan in the four periods is:
- 7 from ENEN Members,
- 8 from CEA-INSTN,
- 5 from UPB;
- (SCK.CEN, having no students, will only receive);
- the preliminary distribution of exchanges for receiving the 20 Japanese students is:
- 6 to ENEN Members,
- 5 to CEA-INSTN,
- 1 to UPB,
- 8 to SCK.CEN;
- The Japanese students, mostly from the first year of the MSc, will be available for coming to Europe only for the two Autumn exchanges (2nd and 4th); exceptions could be applied;
- each European student will receive the following support:
- 1,500 Euros for supporting travel expenses;
- 1,000 Euros per month (up to 5 months) for supporting subsistence in Japan;
- each European teacher will receive the following support:
- 1,500 Euros for supporting travel expenses;
- 1,000 Euros per week (up to 2 weeks) for supporting subsistence in Japan
project advisory board
Prof. Walter Ambrosini, from CIRTEN - University of Pisa.
Prof. Josef Safieh, retired professor from INSTN-CEA.
> 4 March 2017: 3rd EUJEP-2 Project Progress Meeting (4th Project Meeting) was held in Manchester, United Kingdom (Europe), on 4 March 2017.
> 5 March 2016: 2nd EUJEP-2 Project Progress Meeting (3rd Project Meeting) was held in Brussels, Belgium (Europe), on 5 March 2016.
> 7 March 2015: 1st EUJEP-2 Project Progress Meeting (2nd Project Meeting) was held in Helsinki, Finland (Europe), on 7 March 2015.
> 21 November 2014: Kick off meeting of the EUJEP-2 Project (1st Project Meeting) held at INSTN-CEA (Europe), on Friday November 21st, 2014.
The project coordinators from the European and the Japanese sides of the Consortium discussed the mobility of the 20 MSc students from Europe to Japan and 20 from Japan to Europe for internships considering a minimum stay duration of 5 months. The mobility of lecturers (up to 8 from Europe side), for a maximum of two weeks, was also covered.
> October 2014: Start of the EUJEP-2 Project.
For more information contact:
Pedro Dieguez Porras
Centre CEA de Saclay
INSTN - Bâtiment 395
Phone: +33 637 30 46 17